Avoid the top causes of house fires with these prevention tips.
House fires are an incredibly tragic—and also incredibly common—disaster. They’re especially upsetting when you learn that the majority of these blazes could have been avoided!
We want to help homeowners extinguish their risk of a fire at home, so here are some of the best house fire prevention tips.
- Regularly check your house for frayed wiring. Also, don’t cover wires and cords with rugs or you could have a fray you never see!
- Store a working fire extinguisher in your home. Make sure you check it annually so it can perform when needed.
- Each year, have your chimney professionally inspected. Choose a chimney sweep who is certified by the Chimney Safety Institute of America.
- Prevent a dryer fire by cleaning your lint screen after each load.
- If you’re not sure how much your outlet can take, talk to your electrician to avoid overloading your circuits.
- Use surge protectors to protect your valuable electronics—like your flat screen TV or your laptop—from being affected by a power spike.
- This kitchen is one of the leading places for home fires to start. Never leave the stovetop unattended and clean up splatters or spills on your stovetop.
- Be careful with your space heater. Keep it away from flammable materials, and invest in a new, safety standard-compliant unit if you have an older model.
These safety tips will help you avoid the possibility of a home fire, but sometimes the factors that start the blaze are just out of your control. For those instances, you need Los Angeles or Long Beach homeowners insurance
! With this type of California coverage, a home fire won’t be financially disastrous for your family. To learn more, contact
Fuller Insurance Agency today.