Serve up this delicious dish in honor of Cinco de Mayo.
Cinco de Mayo commemorates Mexico’s victory over the French army at the Battle of Puebla back in 1862. In the United States, Cinco de Mayo is popularly celebrated by serving up tasty food inspired by traditional Mexican flavors. Looking for some menu inspiration for this holiday? Then consider preparing this delicious dish in honor of Cinco de Mayo.
Chorizo and Potato Tacos
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 ½ pounds ground pork
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotles in adobo
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- Tomato salsa, chopped white onion, cilantro and lime wedges, for serving
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with 4 inches of cold water and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes, until tender. Drain and let cool slightly. Peel the potatoes and coarsely mash them in the saucepan.
- In a large bowl, knead the pork with the salt, garlic, paprika, chipotles, coriander, oregano and vinegar. Gently knead in the potatoes, leaving some chunks of potato.
- In 2 large skillets, preferably cast-iron or nonstick, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the chorizo-potato mixture to the skillets and press into an even layer. Cook over moderately high heat undisturbed until a crust forms on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Turn the mixture in sections and cook until browned and crusty on the bottom, about 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer the chorizo-potato mixture to a bowl and serve with the tortillas, salsa, onion, cilantro and lime wedges.
Consider serving up this delicious dish in honor of Cinco de Mayo for a truly festive holiday. Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this May? Then don’t hesitate to contact the experts at Fuller Insurance Agency in California
. We are ready to assist you with all your coverage needs today.