Here's why it's worth it to add roadside assistance coverage to your auto policy.
For many drivers, there's nothing more stressful than breaking down and getting stranded on the side of the road. This is why car owners are encouraged to add roadside assistance coverage to their auto insurance in Los Angeles, California
. But what exactly does this coverage do for you? Here's what motorists should know about roadside assistance insurance.
Roadside assistance insurance is designed to cover the cost of a service professional coming out to you and making minor repairs to get your car up and running again. It's important to understand that this coverage will not address major mechanical breakdowns or the damages caused by an auto collision. These issues are covered by your car warranty and collision insurance respectively. However, this does not mean that roadside assistance insurance lacks value for the policyholder. Here are some of the services covered under roadside assistance :
Why You Need It
- Towing service: If your car cannot be repaired easily, then your roadside assistance insurance will cover the cost of having your car towed to a nearby mechanic.
- Battery jumpstart service: If your battery dies, then roadside assistance insurance will cover the cost of a service professional driving over to jumpstart or even change out your car's battery.
- Flat tire service: Roadside assistance will also cover the cost of having someone come and change a flat tire on your car.
- Lockout service: If you accidentally lock yourself out of your car, then roadside assistance will cover the cost of a service professional or locksmith getting you back into your vehicle.
- Fuel delivery service: If you run out of gas while you're driving, then your roadside assistance insurance will cover the cost of a service professional bringing you enough fuel to make it to the nearest gas station.
- Extrication service: If your car gets stuck (like in mud, sand, or a hole), then roadside assistance insurance will help you cover the cost of having someone come out and help you dislodge your vehicle.
Breaking down or experiencing minor issues with your vehicle is inevitable. When this happens to you, having roadside assistance insurance will ensure that your car gets the attention it needs quickly and without costing you an arm and a leg. While all drivers can benefit from having this protection, individuals with older cars who routinely drive long distances are particularly encouraged to secure this coverage. This is because their chances of breaking down or experiencing a minor vehicular issue are particularly high.
This is why you should consider adding roadside assistance coverage to your auto insurance in Los Angeles, California
. Do you have additional questions regarding your car coverage? If so, then contact the experts at Fuller Insurance Agency in Southern California. We are ready to get you the coverage that you need today.