Keep Your Loved Ones Safe From This Silent Killer
It is your worst nightmare; something comes in the night that you cannot see or fight and injures your family. Unfortunately, this is not a scene from a horror movie but the reality that accompanies carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is a scentless, colorless gas that replaces the oxygen in your blood. Enough exposure to carbon monoxide is fatal. Protect your home against this silent killer with these tips.
o Know The Signs: Small doses of carbon monoxide will result in dizziness, nausea, headache and weakness. If the people in your home are experiencing these symptoms, get everyone out of the doors and into the fresh air immediately and call a professional to have your home tested for carbon monoxide.
o Find The Source: Any devices and appliances in your home that burn fuel (e.g. fireplace, car, gas appliance) can create carbon monoxide. Keep them well maintained to ensure no leaks will allow this toxic gas into your home.
o Vent Engines: Hopefully most of us know not to run our cars in a closed garage, as the buildup of carbon monoxide can be potentially dangerous. Remember, though, that the same goes for grills and generators. Only fire up these engines when they are in well-ventilated areas.
o Buy A Detector: This small financial investment could save your life. Head to your local hardware store to pick up a small, battery-operated carbon monoxide detector. Be sure to first turn it on outdoors so it will set its readings based on fresh, clean air.
So you can pour your energy into actively protecting your family, let us secure the insurance protection you need to cover your home and vehicle. Serving Chino Hills, Long Beach, Seal Beach, Los Angeles, and all of California, contact Fuller Insurance for all of your insurance needs.