Pothole Damage and Driving Tips To Avoid These Bothersome Bumps
Even though we did not experience too much heavy downpour this year in Southern California, there is no shortage of potholes. As a California motorist, you know how bothersome and damaging these burdens can be. We have gathered a list of 7 helpful ways to avoid potholes so that you can keep your ride protected.
7 Tips For Pothole Damage Prevention:
1. Have you downloaded the Waze app? This smartphone application not only has the ability to help you avoid traffic jams, but it also alerts you of already reported potholes in tour areas ahead of time so that you can avoid these bothersome bumps. You can also report any potholes that you see that Waze has not yet been informed about.
2. If you see a pothole in your path, slow down if you cannot steer away from the bump. Avoid abrupt braking as this can only cause more problems down the road.
3. It is important that you leave space in between you and others cars at all times, but even more so when trying to avoid pothole damage. If you are trailing behind someone, it becomes impossible for you to have enough reaction time.
4. Distractions are always dangerous, especially when it comes to avoiding potholes. When you keep your eyes on the road at all times, you can anticipate potential problems and remain safe on the road.
5. Even though rain is not in the near forecast, be aware of the need to avoid puddles whenever it rains. Puddles have a way of hiding potholes, making them even more dangerous than ever.
6. Tire maintenance is imperative for both remaining safe on the open roads and avoiding pothole damage. Check your tire tread regularly to ensure that you do not need to start shopping for new tires.
7. Is your alignment and suspension in order? If you do hit a pothole, be sure to check these two components to ensure that there is no major damage.
Serving Chino Hills, Seal Beach, Long Beach, Los Angeles, and the rest of California, contact Fuller Insurance for all of your auto insurance needs.