These holiday safety tips will help keep you safe so you can make the most of the season!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The holiday season brings a spirit of merriment to our community. It also brings risks, though. Home fires, theft, and other hazards spike during this time of year, but you can take steps to prevent facing these risks. Use these holiday safety tips and you and your family will be able to enjoy the season stress-free!
- Before you bring a tree home, make sure it won’t quickly become a large piece of kindling in your home! Choose a fresh tree by testing that its needles resist being pulled off and don’t break when bent between your fingers. Once you get your tree home, water it regularly so it doesn’t dry out.
- Lights are an integral part of your holiday décor, but they can also become a huge fire hazard! Avoid this issue by planning your light display in advance so you won’t be tempted to overload outlets or string more than the manufacturer-recommended number of strands together.
- If you’ll be anywhere other than home for the holidays, plan your travel carefully. Leave with extra time since roadways and airports will be busier than usual. Also, make sure everyone you travel with regularly washes their hands to avoid illness.
- When you’re cooking large holiday meals, use timers to your advantage. It’s all too easy to forget about something simmering with the busyness of the season if you don’t have a reminder!
- Avoid theft by locking all of your doors and windows each time you leave your home and storing gifts away from your main windows where they could tempt thieves.
Do you have the Chino Hills, Long Beach or Los Angeles, CA auto insurance
and homeowners insurance
you need to protect your family this holiday season? Pair this guide with great coverage by contacting
Fuller Insurance Agency. We’re dedicated to serving California families and can help you give the gift of protection to your loved ones this holiday season.