Prepare for El Niño with protection tips!
Whether you’re a home owner or a business owner, keeping your property safe from El Niño is essential. Make sure you’re ready when the downpours hit with these El Niño protection tips.
- Drains and Gutter Maintenance. Make sure to inspect your home for any drainage issues. Your gutters and drain pipes are your first line of defense against water damage. They direct water away from your home, keeping your home flood free. Be sure there is no debris or loose gutters when preparing for the next batch of El Niño storms.
- Keep Your Trees Healthy. Stormy weather can be damaging to your trees. While you may not think it’s such a big deal, it is. Poorly maintained trees can topple over, making them hazardous to yourself and others during a storm. Make sure your trees are properly maintained in order to reduce your risk for any accidents.
- Flood Preparation. Make sure to be prepared for a flood. Move all your valuables to higher ground, and invest in sandbags if your need added protection from flood waters and mudslides.
- Building Inspection. Having your building inspected is vital to keeping your property safe, especially during the El Niño season. Make sure to have your roof looked at, gutters and drainage systems maintained, and trees pruned to prevent any unwanted accidents.
- Have a Plan. Make sure your business has an emergency plan. In the event of an emergency, it will help to keep everyone safe and help keep your business up and running.
- Put Safety First. With wet weather, come slippery floors. Make sure to keep your business safe for your employees and patrons and invest in carpets at all your business entrances.
Stay safe from El Niño damages and invest in flood
the professionals at Fuller Insurance Agency
, located in Southern California, for assistance finding the right policies for your lifestyle in the Chino Hills, Los Angeles, Long Beach and surrounding communities.