Check your tire tread to ensure safe driving with these tips and auto insurance in Los Angeles, CA!
Show your tires some love! Far too often we overlook our tires to focus on other aspects of our cars, but poor tire conditions account for nearly 1 in 11 accidents. Tire traction and auto insurance in Los Angeles, CA can make all the difference in keeping you and your car safe. Make sure that your tires are in good shape with these tips to check your tire tread.
- Conduct a penny test! To check the tread on your tires, take a penny and put it in several of the tire grooves. If Lincoln’s head is visible, it’s time to replace your tires. It indicates that your tire tread is shallow at 2/32”.
- Look for a deeper tread. When your tires are used frequently they tend to wear and the tread becomes shallow. Shallow tire treads are extremely dangerous. They increase your risk of a crash and hydroplaning. Consider replacing your tires when they hit the 4/32” mark.
- It’s a good idea to replace your tires every so often. It depends on your usage, type of vehicle and the brand of tires, but most manufacturers recommend changing out your tires every 6 to 10 years.
- Don’t forget to change the spare in the trunk too! Just because it isn’t in active use, doesn’t mean that it hasn’t gotten old. When replacing your tires, replace all your tires.
- Determine how old your tires are. Each tire has an identification number called a TIN. You can use the last four digits of the number to determine your tire age. The first two digits are the week number in the year and the last two digits are the year.
Make sure your tires are in good shape to keep you safe. Ensure extra safety with auto insurance
in Los Angeles, CA! For assistance finding the right insurance, contact
the professionals at Fuller Insurance Agency
. Located in California, we serve personal and commercial insurance needs in Chino Hills, Long Beach, Los Angeles, and the surrounding cities.