Indulge This Independence Day
How will you be celebrating America’s Independence? Hopefully with a two tier strawberry pie at a 4th of July BBQ! There are so many delicious 4th of July recipes out there to indulge on, but we highly recommend whipping up this delicious pick if you want to impress all of your friends and family members!
Strawberry Pie Recipe:
What you will need:
• 1 Package of Cream Cheese
• ½ Cup of Confectioners’ Sugar
• ½ Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
• ½ Teaspoon of Almond Extract
• 1 Cup of Heavy Cream
• 1 Baked Pie Shell
• 1/3 Cup of White Sugar
• 2 Tablespoons of Cornstarch
• 1/3 Cup of Water
• 1/3 Cup of Grenadine Syrup
• 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
• 2 Cups of Hulled, Fresh Strawberries
How to prepare:
• Start by mixing the confectioners’ sugar and cream cheese together in a medium-sized bowl until creamy and smooth. Next, add both the vanilla and almond extract. Separately, whip the heavy cream until peaks begin to form. Fold this into the cream cheese mixture before spreading on the bottom of the baked pie shell. Chill for best results.
• In a saucepan, begin to mix the cornstarch and sugar together before adding water to smooth. Next, add the lemon juice and grenadine and bring to a boil. To thicken, cook for about five minutes and stir consistently. Cool, then chill.
• Before you are ready to impress your friends and wow them, stir the strawberries and cooled cornstarch mixture together until evenly coated. Spread this mixture over the cream cheese layer.
• Serve and enjoy!
Happy 4th of July! Serving Chino Hills, Seal Beach, Los Angeles, Long Beach, and the rest of California, contact Fuller Insurance for all of your insurance needs.